The chest diseases department is the main specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases occurring in the lungs and respiratory system. Bölge Hospital's Chest Disease and Respiratory Failure Department is a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of lung diseases. Patients receive diagnostic and treatment services at this medical center, focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of lung and respiratory system conditions.
The diseases are diagnosed and treated in our department:
- Emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Acute bronchitis.
- Pleural diseases (diseases related to the pleura and fluid accumulation).
- Interstitial lung diseases (sarcoidosis, diffuse parenchymal lung diseases).
- Pulmonary vascular diseases (pulmonary embolism, pulmonary hypertension).
- Occupational and environmental lung diseases.
- Toxic gas inhalations.
- Respiratory Failure.
- Pulmonary involvement of rheumatic diseases.
- Smoking addiction, smoking related diseases and smoking cessation methods.
Bronchoscopy is a medical procedure used in the diagnosis and treatment of various conditions related to the respiratory tract and lungs. This procedure is performed by inserting a thin, flexible tube (bronchoscope) into the airways, allowing doctors to observe the airways, take biopsies, or administer treatments through this tube.
Bronchoscopy is particularly performed in the following cases:
- If there is an obstruction or narrowing in the airways.
- If there is an abnormal appearance or lesion in the airways.
- When there is suspicion of an infection or tumor in the lungs.
- In the presence of bleeding from the airways.
- When a foreign object has entered the airways.
- When a situation requires diagnosis by taking a sample from the airways.
- If there is an accumulation of mucus in the airways and it needs to be cleared.
- Bronchoscopy can also be performed to assist patients who have difficulty breathing due to airway obstruction or narrowing by placing a stent in the airway to facilitate breathing.